I finally have curtains up in my studio.....
nearly 2 years after I got my studio moved and set up
I found what I was looking for to make curtains!
I had looked everywhere for curtains but just could not
find any that would fit the windows (or that I liked),
so I knew I would have to make them....
I came across a bolt of fabric at JoAnn's
on clearance for $12, it had 16 yards of
fabric on it and was just what I was looking for!
Something light and airy not to cover the windows
but to dress them up!
Here is what they looked like before!
This is after!
Just a little Window Dressing but I love how they turned out!
They are like window scarfs....
I used Velcro Brand White Tak Putty....
To attach them to the top of the window frame
and keep them in place....
I put bows in the corners
but also wanted these to be changeable...
as I want to make some flowers
for the corners also.
The easiest way to make them changeable is to use
for these I decided to try the
Snag Free Sew-On which
has hook and loop in one.
It is so cool because it is
a one piece design that resists
snagging and lint buildup.
Which is perfect for this delicate fabric
and since they are in my studio
having something that will prevent lint buildup....
is a great idea!
I just cut 2 pieces the same size and
sewed one to the bow and one onto
now when I want to make the flowers
I can just cut another piece the same size
and sew to the flowers....
and not worry about if I need
the hook or loop side since the
Snag Free has both!